Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Am I brave enough to be myself


In some ways I don't know what all it entails to be me. I am constantly changing and discovering new things about myself and becoming a new person. Sometimes I wonder if I am brave enough to be myself. For the most part I am pretty much an open book. I don't hide things, and lead an open life. As my journey with Christ has deepened I have become more comfortable in my own skin, because I have finally started to figure out a little bit of who I really am. But, there are many things I remain insecure about. I'm a loud person and I always have been.....Most of the time I have no idea I am being so but people constantly remind me (for the most part it doesnt seem to bother people)...but I'm not gonna lie it'a embarresing to be known as "the loud one". I think because society seems to put this stigma on ladies, that they need to be quiet and soft spoken. I also tend to be the tom boy.....I am most comfortable in a pair of jeans and a hoodie... Recently I have begun to start dressign I guess what you would call "girly"...but I find myself feeling out of place. Sometimes I wonder am I really a tom boy? or do I like to dress that way because that's how I have always dressed? Am I now dressing girly because I feel like I have to? because thats whats proper for girls to do? Or am i just not comfortable with it yet? Sorry I feel liek I am going in circles here. Highschool was such an awkward time for me....I was in a really bad place in my life, suicidal, depressed etc..... I dressed in camo pants and t-shirts, or just jeans and t-shirts (yes feel free to make fun).... Although I am a far cry from that now sometimes I still feel like that awkward girl. As much as I grow sometimes it's hard to figure out who I am? I sometimes still feel very awkward....Im loud, outgoing, and full of opinions!!!! I'm not soft spoken, graceful, or girly. Sometimes I can't figure out if that's just me and if it's ok?


Sometimes it's hard to figure out who I really am? And what the expectations are that i should be? And if I figure it out would I have the courage to be myself or would I constantly be trying to change to fit what society thinks I should be like? Not in major ways just in stupid ways like dress etc????? Anyway those are just some things that have been on my mind. Am I brave enough to be myself? And frankly what is that? In small areas like this I still don't know!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog yesterday as I was searching for quotes by Brennan Manning. I was so blessed by your posts that I had to share that with you. Thank you for your boldness and courage to be yourself. Authentic faith is where we all need to be as Christians. It is the only thing that will make a difference in this world we live in. Thank you again. Hope you have an amazing weekend!~ Debi

    ReplyDelete